Women’s lives have changed immeasurably in the last 50 years but we still live in a desperately unequal world where many women feel powerless and unheard. In particular we have yet to achieve balance in terms of leadership and how decisions are made. Meanwhile shocking levels of violence and discrimination against women continue in our communities and around the world.
The Red Tent movement is about creating regular feminine spaces for women to share their stories, rest and gain strength to meet the challenges of our time and their daily lives. This is work that we believe will make a difference not only to women themselves but also to all the people around them. In short, we “know” that the simple act of creating safe and empowering feminine spaces is life and world changing work.
What we Know
- It makes a difference if we take time for ourselves in a circle of women.
- Joining a circle of women is a way for each of us to reconnect to herself as a woman
- When women meet in circle we can support each other to be more present in our own lives and thereby affect the lives we share with others
- Meeting locally in this way we become connected to a global movement of women creating positive feminine spaces to enrich our lives.
- Supporting intergenerational connection enables older women to be celebrated and respected for their wisdom and experience.
- Creating a space where each woman’s unique gifts and talents can be recognised, she can be supported to reach her full potential.
- Providing an environment where teenage girls and young women are supported creates healthy female role models of all ages.
When we use the term woman, we refer to everyone who identifies as a woman and uses the pronoun of ‘she’
- We are and we only are fully responsible for ourselves
- We work in service with clarity, openness and respect for each and every woman
- We meet our own needs before we give our time, energy and resources to this work. We encourage other women to do the same because we believe that learning to meet our own needs before supporting others is a vital lesson for many of us. From a place of fullness we have so much more to give. This may not always be possible as we have found but we hold this as an intention.
If you would like to help us in our work which currently we fund from our own two pockets then please make a donation below. You can choose the amount however…
- £10 would help a lot to continue our work supporting new Red Tents to start up
- £50 would enable us to research and list Red Tents across Europe
- £100 would help towards our fund of building a bigger website to list all the Red Tents that contact us from Australia, New Zealand and beyond.