This is a virtual meeting place where women can find out about local Red Tents, share details about their own circles and receive information and support. Red Tents are popping up all over Europe and this directory aims to connect these circles together within one larger network, to give a sense of this growing sisterhood and to inspire more women to come together for connection and mutual support.
This site provides free listings for:
- Women meeting and holding a circle
- Women meeting regularly at an agreed time and place
- Shared community in a local area or if applicable in some temporary locations like refugee camps, prisons etc.
- Gatherings which are either free or donation based to cover room hire or tea with the amount ideally left to the discretion of the donor.
- Circles which respond to the wishes of those present rather than workshops, trainings or personal development
- Circles which are based in the U.K and within Europe
When we use the term women we mean all those that identify as women and choose the pronoun ‘she’.
Red Tents: What are they?
Red Tents are a global movement of women coming together and finding time to just be where they are, meet other women in their community and enjoy the opportunity to share in a deeper way than they might usually do. This is done in a variety of different ways.
Each month women invite others into their homes, outdoor spaces or community spaces, and spend time together for a whole day, afternoon or evening. By doing so they take time out of their busy lives to rest, talk, share food, enjoy creative pursuits and take part in other activities that fulfil their needs. When they come together in this way each month they are able to be more present in their own lives and the lives shared with others.
This site offers some ideas about how you can find or establish a Red Tent, and provides a directory for Red Tent gatherings in the UK and beyond. The Red Tents listed on this site are all different but they are all circles of women, based in Europe that meet regularly and are Free or Donation based. There is more information about Red Tents, some basic information about how to find or establish one and inspiration for further discovery, on other pages in this site.
We only list donation based and free tents on our site and invite anyone wanting to list with us to read this guidance about making Red Tents inclusive, accessible and sustainable.