Mother & Daughters Moon Circle (Norfolk)
Mothers and Daughters Circle : A twice monthly girls group celebrating what it is to be a girl on the threshold of womanhood. For girls aged 9 – 13 (& their mothers if they want to come too)
Ethos of group:
To encourage our daughters to step boldly into their power as young women through celebrating and sharing women’s wisdom, skills and stories. To nurture the girls through the gateway into womanhood.
This girls group will:
– Help your daughter to hone her intuition through meditation and journaling.
– Help her find her voice by learning to share in sacred circle and to listen to others
– Help her express her creativity through arts, craft and song
– Help her create community and care for herself and her friends.
– Through story telling she will learn about the moon & it’s influence on women’s cycles.
– We will explore ways girls can nurture their self esteem and take care of themselves both emotionally and physically.
– Help strengthen the mother daughter bond.
Each week we will:
Gather by the fireside, make tea and begin by doing a short guided Meditation to bring the focus into the group and ground ourselves.
We will then hold Circle Time, a time to share any thoughts and say how we are feeling and also to listen to our friends.
We will share a story. An ancient myth or legend connected to the seasons, a goddess or a powerful woman.
After which we will have tea and cake and discuss the story. And take some time to write any thoughts in our journal.
We will then do a craft or art project related to the story or season.
Then it’s home time.
Each week will follow the same rhythm, working through different aspects of the path to becoming a woman.