We think the practice and ritual of Red Tents can be part of imagining spaces in our lives that help us to understand together what is possible in a world that will never be the same, that will never get back to normal.
As we adapt to change forced by a crisis of health, climate, inequality and systemic injustice we have multiple opportunities to reflect on what the world is calling for right now and how we can respond.
We want new people to join our team who have time each month to support a vision we are building for Red Tents.
We stand for creating Red Tents collectively, spaces where we practice leading together, being together, imagining together. We believe in spaces where care becomes a blueprint between us.
We support spaces where we can engage together in the long-term work of unpicking oppressive systems. We want spaces where we can make mistakes as we learn so we emerge stronger together and connected to ourselves.
We discuss this vision in our book ‘Red Tents – Unravelling our Past and Weaving a Shared Future’ which is out in March 2021 published by Womancraft.
We are asking for 6 hours a month. This includes an hour a week within your role and a two hour online Red Tent counsel where we hold a Red Tent together and then go on to discuss the work involved in the Red Tent Directory.
Our Red Tent counsel online meeting will be the first Tuesday of the month 7.30-9.30pm GMT. The other four hours of your time is for you to allocate within your week and mange yourself with support.
- Community Lead: as the first point of contact with Red Tents you are helping organisers write listings, linking people together and overseeing our community.
- Key role involves liaising with Red Tents about listings and responding to enquiries
- Engagement Lead: as our social media voice and collaborator you are supporting people to find Red Tents while sharing about their power and potential
- Key aspects involve sharing our work on Facebook and Instagram while supporting those involved in online communities worldwide
- Comms Lead: as someone who both loves writing and coordinating content for newsletters and blogs you will weave the threads together each month
- Key function of the role includes coordinating and conveying the voice, views and stories of Red Tent Directory and Red Tent communities
- Inclusion Lead: as someone who wants to be active in dismantling the threads that make us feel divided while increasing diversity within Red Tents you will be involved in our core vision of Red Tent Directory.
- Key elements of the role includes supporting conversations, approaches and practices to ensure wide representation of people attending Red Tents while communicating the importance of creating liberatory spaces.
We want to work with you, we want to create this together, we want you to feel you have a place with us. In fact we can’t do this without you.